I. Program Overview
The National Volunteer Service Program (NVSP) is an organized approach of providing opportunities for individuals and groups to extend voluntary service in the implementation of social welfare and development program (AO 10 s. 2010).
These volunteers, both local and foreign, are potent force which the Department can harness in the different areas of social welfare service delivery in the communities, in centers and institutions, or even in office – based volunteer work where their technical expertise can augment the existing workforce.
- Capability Building Activities for Volunteers
- Recognition by awarding bodies for external partners
III. Target Beneficiaries
Any interested and eligible individual / groups.
IV. Eligibility Requirements
- Must be at least 15 years of age, provided those who are at least 15 to below 18 years old may be eligible to volunteer only in non-hazardous and simple activities;
- Must be willing to commit his/her time, resources and / or talent and be assigned to a specific work without material or financial remuneration;
- Must be willing to learn and undergo training on volunteerism and specialized skills, if needed;
- Must be willing to abide by the policies of the respective assignment / deployment areas;
- Must present any valid ID for identification such as school, company
- Must be physically and mentally capable to render volunteer work. If warranted, this must be certified by a licensed physician or a psychologist;
- For foreigners outside o the Peace Corps programs interested to be volunteers, a clearance from the PNVSCA and a proof of legality of stay in the Philippines are required;
V. Documentary Requirements
- Letter of intent addressed to the Regional Director
- Photocopy of any valid ID
- Barangay Clearance
- Letter from two (2) character references
- Annex C: Individual Registration Form
- Annex D: Waiver
- Volunteer Work Plan
- Volunteer Accomplishment Report
VI. Contact Person/s
MELECIO C. UBILAS JR.
Chief Administrative Officer/Policy and Plans Division Chief
(072) 687-8000 local 244
CRYSTAL JOY P. ASPIRAS
Training Specialist II
072 687-7000 local 221
Telefax: 072 888-2184
Access to documentary requirements: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1sqbRhDpjCWXB1YSsVcQWSaoR83YkGaDy?usp=sharing